A compilation of my thoughts and learnings...

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Happy Women's Day!

Today is a day that has been ear-marked to celebrate the creator of this world. A day to celebrate the preserver of this world. A day when we celebrate the destroyer of all evil in this world. No, I am not talking about the Hindu Trinity of the TriGods – Lord Brahma, the creator, Lord Vishnu, the preserver and Lord Shiva, the destroyer. Instead I am talking about “Woman”. I am talking about our mothers, our sisters, our significant others, and our friends. They are the ones who gave us birth. They are the ones who have nurtured and groomed us. And they are the ones who pray for us, and protect us from all evil in this world.

Today is a day, when we bow our heads in respect in front of all women to let them know how special they are. If they were not here, we won’t be there either.

This post is a tribute to my mom, my sister and my sister-in-law who have been my strength throughout. This post is also a tribute to all my women friends and relatives who have taught me in their own way what life is all about!

So ladies, on behalf of all men in this world, I bow my head in front of you.

Happy Women’s Day!

If you want to read more about the origin and significance of this day, here is a good
link

1 comment:

amarora said...

Dude, the word sister-in-law is also used for "bhabhi" ;-)